Run Day 10

Yesterday I went from 9 minutes of running last week to 16 minutes of running this week.
Here is what I was suppose to do:
5 min warm up walk
3 min run
90 sec walk
5 min run
2.5 min walk
3 min run
90 sec walk
5 min run
5 min warm down walk

I started out fine. Walking was good. I have long hair and I usually braid it. Well it was up in a bun. So the first run my hair was bouncing and hitting me in the head and starting to come undone. At the end of the first three minute run I stop and pause the program so I can braid my hair. DS5 can see the park where we stop so he is yelling park, park, I play. I try to time it so we stop at the park on the way home. I take the rubber band out and put it on my wrist. My hair is all knotted. No big deal. I comb my fingers through it and make a messy side braid. I start putting the rubber band back on. Now this rubber band has been used quite a few times. About half way it breaks in half. Crap. I don't want to walk back home and get another one. Then I would have to start all over. DS5 is still yelling park, park, I play and starting to cry. I tie the ends together and manage to get it to stay in my hair. Ok, that was more than 90 seconds. Unpause the program and keep going. Five minute run not to terribly bad but then again I stopped and caught my breath for more than I was suppose to. DS5 is potty training. He starts yelling I potty, I potty. This how he lets me know he has to go. The restroom was at the park. I pause the program again during the 2.5 minute walk. We don't see very many people on our trails this time of the morning so I let him pee on a tree just off the path. Off we go again. Finished the walk and three minute run. We are now further than we have ever made it during the training. I know I have to catch my breath before the last five minute run. Ninety seconds is not going to be long enough. At this point I pause the program. I take a few drinks out of my water bottle. It is almost empty now. Cant drink any more or I wont have any when we finish at the park. Determine that we need to just go for it. Make our U-turn, unpause the program again and start back. The way back is mostly up hills. There are two down hills that lead straight into up hills. We get to the first down hill part. I am thinking ok I can make it pass one of the steep up hills before I have to start running again. Wrong. Time to start that five minute run now. Two and half minutes....ok I can do this. Just keep running. Just keep running. I make it to the next down hill hopefully I will be finished before the uphill. Then I hear "You are doing great just 60 seconds left you can do this." This means I am going to have to run up the hill and will get to stop at the top when it flattens out. I make it to the top of the hill in what we will call a really slow paced jog. Finally I am finished with running. We walk for a few minutes and we are back at the park. Does DS5 want to play now. No he wants to go look at the fish in the creek on the way back home. After we go look at the fish I finish walking back home. Tomorrow we are going to try to make it with out resting so much during our walking times.

Comments

Popular Posts