Run Day 5

Last week I started a couch to 5K training program.

I try to do my walks on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and leave Saturday as a make up day

Week 1 program 3X
5 min warm up brisk walk
20mins of:
60 sec jog/run
90 sec brisk walk
5 min warm down walk

This weeks
5 min warm up brisk walk
20mins of:
90 sec jog/run
2 min brisk walk
5 min warm down walk

Monday's walk was a disaster. I purchased new running shoes on Sunday (only because they were purple). Before my run we went to helmart. I thought oh let me put on my new shoes and start to wear them in and when we get back I will change shoes before we run. Less than 30 mins spent getting what I had to (not what I wanted). Then we get back home. Water bottles, check. IPod, check.
Juice, check. Snack, check. Remember to change shoes, not checked. I should have know when the first 90 sec jog was an uphill it was going to be a challenge. At the end of the second jog I realize that I forgot to change my shoes. Decide oh well I am already out here and by time I get back home I could be done with jogging. I also already have to change to my second water bottle at this time. The forth jog set my ankle was killing me. I'm not sure you can classify my sixth jog set as jogging or running, but now I was out of water. All of the sudden I remember that there is a small first-aid kit in the stroller. Digging through mostly empty bottom I find it. Only band-aids with adhesive I'm allergic to. My ankle hurts so much from the new shoes I decided to deal with the rash and give my ankle some relief till I can make it back home. DS5 fell asleep early in the run. Good thing today if we stopped I might have taken my shoes off and never got them back on.

Today’s walk was good. Band-aided my ankles in advance. They still have blisters from Monday's ordeal. Used two of my large water bottles instead of one small and one large. I made it all the way to run 5 before I was talking to myself to keep going. DS5 fell asleep in the stroller before we got back to the park again. We didn't get to stop and play. Maybe Friday we will leave earlier.

Comments

Popular Posts